Update Friday, July 12th: Emily Lauren said, “No setbacks today for Randy. But, everything is still being closely monitored.”
Well, that is a ray of Sonshine and we thank our Heavenly Father that Randy’s condition has not worsened. Fasting intercessory prayer will continue from this blogger.
Even though Randy does not read the Internet and cannot read it right now, we hope someone will let him know about the outpouring of love, compassion, support and prayers being expressed on his behalf.
Randy Travis was admitted to a hospital in McKinney, Texas on Sunday for Myocarditis due to an upper respiratory virus. By Monday, July 8th he was transferred to The Heart Hospital Baylor in Plano, Texas.
He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure later that day. His condition was beginning to stabilize and improve when he suffered a stroke Wednesday evening and underwent emergency surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. Randy remains in critical condition with no change.
Please pray for Randy and that the Lord will provide healing to restore him to his former excellent health and condition. Randy is a wonderful Christian person, regardless what the media may dramatize about him. He is caring, funny, very talented and a great person to be around. We need more like him.
- Randy Travis Suffers Stroke, Has Emergency Surgery (y108.cbslocal.com)
- Randy Travis Suffers Stroke at Hospital (abcnews.go.com)
- Randy Travis Suffers Stroke, Undergoes Surgery Again (news.softpedia.com)
- Update: Randy Travis Survives Surgery, Condition Still Listed As Critical (allaccess.com)
- Randy Travis Suffers Stroke; Singer in Critical Condition (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Randy Travis Suffers a Stroke (k99.com)