By Roy Rogers
Lord, I reckon I’m not much just by myself,
I fail to do a lot of things I ought to do.
But Lord, when trails are steep and passes high,
Help me ride it straight the whole way through.
And when in the falling dusk I get that final call,
I do not care how many flowers they send.
Above all else, the happiest trail will be,
For YOU to say to me, “Let’s ride, My Friend.”
- Baby saved by auto mechanic with life-saving smartphone app – KCTV5
- Pit bull hailed a hero after saving boy from bees – KCTV5
- Book Notes: How much does reader need to be told?
- Lab walks 30 miles to previous owner, but won’t take dog back – KCTV5
- ‘Invisible Black Dog Syndrome’ hurts adoption chances – KCTV5
Heroes and Friends
By Randy Travis
I ain't lived forever, but I've lived enough.
I've learned to be gentle, and I've learned to be tough.
I've found only two things that last 'til the end,
One is your heroes, the other's your friends.
Your heroes will help you find good in yourself.
Your friends won't foresake you for somebody else.
They'll both stand beside you through thick and through thin.
That's how it goes with heroes and friends.
I grew up with cowboys I watched on TV.
My friends and I sometimes pretended to be.
Years have gone by, but now and again
My heart rides the range with my heroes and friends.